Every child a disciplined and value-driven student.
Whole School Approach – School Tone
To cultivate a Caring School Tone and Culture, the Whole School Approach was adopted in the following areas :
1) 7 Habits of Highly Effective Leaders (“The Leader in Me”)
2) Greeting culture,
3) “Fast and Good” culture
4) “I Love and Care my School & Friends” culture
Activities / Programmes / Initiatives
1) Assembly Talks to improve Singapore’s and the Pupils’ Safety and Security
Conducted during school assembly by Police Officer from Community Policing Unit, Toa Payoh NPC | Tanglin Division, Singapore Police Force
- Road Safety Talk on Wed , 6/04/2016 (T2 Wk 3), Wed, 6/4/16, 1.00pm to 1.30pm
- Topic on prevention against theft and molestation conducted during the school assembly by on Wed 20/7/16 (T3 Wk 4), 1pm to 1.30pm
2) Children’s Road Safety Quiz by Singapore Road Safety Council (SRSC)
To raise the road safety awareness and to educate the pupils, the above was conducted during HBL on 18 and 19 Aug 2016. 15 winners from Pri 1 to P5 were identified and they won “Mr Zebra” plush toys. Award Presentation was held on Mon 22 Aug 2016 morning assembly.
3) Innovation :
3.1) In House Production of Road Safety Video
Partnership with IT Dept and three P6 Ixora pupils. It was shown during school assembly on Wed 6 Apr 2016
3.2) The Principal presented Certificates to pupils caught doing good by the public (Exemplary Behaviour for a Good Deed)
5) 30-minute Puppet Ventriloquism Show that brings across Emergency Preparedness Knowledge to Primary School Students by SCDF / National Fire & Civil Emergency Preparedness Council (NFEC), aligned with MOE/SCDF Safety Guidelines. It was held during school assembly on Thu 1/9/16, 1 pm to 1.30pm (in conjunction with Teachers’ Day Celebration)
Topic : SCDF – Ever Ready for Emergencies, fire, peacetime emergencies, Life Saving use AEDs
The fun, entertaining and yet educational adventure show covers 2 of the most common emergencies and aims to teach students how to / equip the students with knowledge on the following topics:
1) Understanding AED – What to do when encountering a collapsed victim.
2) Fire Prevention – How to prevent a fire and things to do and not to do during a fire.
3) Peacetime Emergency – Things to do and not to do during lightning and tremors.
4) Terrorism – Things to do when you see a suspicious object (could be a suspected bomb).
Shawn Chua / Project Co-ordinator of Magic Avenue.
Student Leadership Dept (SH Mrs Angeline Chiew)
1) Prefect’s Investiture on 30/3/16
2) Sem 1 and Sem 2 Class Exco installation and Training
3) Prefects Camp @ IJ Sec on date
4) Prefects Bake and Craft Sale on 11 to 13 July 2016, term 3 week 3 from Monday to Wednesday