The CHIJ Tennis Team comprises the Recreation Club, Development Squad and the Training Squad. It was established in the 1990s and has been one of the leading teams in the National School Games Competition, emerging as one of the top four positions every year. The Development Squad aims to prepare our young and vibrant players for the Training Squad while the Recreation Club allows students of all levels to experience tennis through fun and games, drills and routines.
Learning Outcomes :
Students will be able to …
- Explain and apply their knowledge of basic tennis rules to play the game correctly.
- Learn the fundamentals of the game that players of all levels should master.
- Learn the 3 basic strokes – Forehand, Backhand & Service.
- Become confident players and demonstrate good sportsmanship and values of excellence, fair play, teamwork, discipline through playing tennis.
Tennis Bounce Enrichment (P1- P3)
Holiday Tennis Fun and Mini Tennis
- For P1-P3 students to try out, have fun learning to play tennis and gain exposure of the game.
- Serves as a platform for the school to identify students with potential for Tennis Development Squad.