Empowered Girls, Inclusive Community
Inspire IJ girls to be Courageous, Confident, Innovative, Compassionate, Generous and Collaborative through the CCAs
Building the 3Cs of Character, Confidence, Capacity through a Co-curricular framework that supports the holistic development of every child.
A. CCA Policy
CCA is a platform for the development of character and talents/ interests of students.
Our CCA Policy is:
“An IJ girl should strive to attain desirable affective and social values. She will develop to her fullest potential lifetime recreational and health-related pursuits by participating in at least one CCA.”
- Primary 4, 5 and 6 students are required to select one CCA and will remain in the same CCA for the complete school year.
- Students who are members of the Sports Development Squads, Training Squads, School Teams or Performing Arts SYF Groups are expected to remain in the same CCA until Primary 6.
- Primary 6 students will attend CCA in the first semester. However, they will continue to represent the school in Term 3, if required.
- Students are to submit a medical certificate or a letter of excuse at the following session if they have missed their weekly CCA.
- Only students who have attained 80% attendance will have their CCA recorded in their individual CCA report slips.
B. Exemption from CCA
Students may be exempted from CCA on the following grounds, subject to the school’s approval:
- The request for exemption due to medical reasons must be supported by a doctor’s recommendation.
- The doctor’s letter of recommendation is to be submitted to the HOD PE/CCA at the start of each school year.
Regular Participation in External Co-Curricular Activities (not offered by the school)
The following requirements must be met:
- The student concerned must attend intensive training at least 3 times weekly.
- The following supporting documents are to be submitted to the HOD PE / CCA:
– A letter from the coach / instructor or conducting agency
– A record of achievement and attendance log
- The student concerned should have represented either Singapore OR the school at the National School Games competitions in the following: Diving, Golf, Artistic Swimming, Sports Climbing, Taekwondo, Wushu, Ballet, Dance or Singing.
- Any other valid reason must be stated in a letter to the Principal.
C. Early Recruitment for Selected CCAs
- Core CCAs
- For Core CCAs, new talent will be recruited from as early as Primary 1, 2, or 3.
- This early recruitment drive identifies students with talent and aptitude in the following Core CCAs and provides them with opportunities to excel:
|Recruitment Level||Core CCA|
|Primary 1 – 3||*Artistic Gymnastics||*Tennis|
|Primary 3||*Choir||*Dance Club||*Handbells Ensemble|
- Open selection for Core CCAs may also be conducted from other levels (Primary 4 and 5) on an ad-hoc basis, depending on the need to increase membership.
- Selected Sports CCAs
The same early recruitment procedure also applies to Primary 3 students who show potential in selected Sports CCAs such as Fencing.
D. CCA Registration
The registration for CCA is scheduled at the end of August during the CCA Recruitment Week for all Primary Three students.
- List of CCAs Offered
- Information on the various CCAs can be found on the school website.
- Students will select a CCA from the list below:
|Sports & Games||Uniformed Groups||Performing & Visual Arts||Clubs & Societies|
b. Registration Process for Primary 3 Students
- Registration is conducted online via the Parents Gateway in August.
- Students will visit CCA booths and view CCA Showcase video clips during CCA Recruitment Week, and subsequently sign up online for a CCA that they are interested in.
- Students who intend to join a second CCA will need to obtain a CCA Registration Form from the General Office.
c. CCA Recruitment for New Students in Primary 4 – 6
- New students who join the school in Primary 4, 5 or 6 may obtain a CCA Registration Form from the General Office to join a CCA.
- Completed forms are to be returned to the Admin Executive at the General Office by the end of the first week of school.
d. Change of CCA for Primary 4 and Primary 5 Students
- Primary 4 and 5 students who wish to make a change in their CCA for the following year are to submit the request using the Change of CCA Form by August.
- Completed forms are to be returned to the Admin Executive at the General Office before the end of September.
- At the end of the CCA registration exercise, students will be allocated their CCAs based on the choices they have submitted.
- elections will be conducted by November to assess the suitability of the CCAs they have signed up for.