Future ready digital learners
Unpacking the Vision
To integrate ICT into the learning experiences in the classroom so as to engage and empower digital natives.
Students are to use IT for active learning of their surroundings and be able to select appropriate IT tools for various purposes.
Students are to obtain a diverse learning experience while developing a broad range of communication, technical and artistic skills.
Students are to demonstrate their knowledge and express their ideas by using images, text, video, sound and animation in any combination.
Students are to be provided with opportunities to develop IT skills and resources for independent life-long learning.
Teachers have up-to-date IT knowledge and skills for the enhancement of teaching methods, administrative purposes as well as for personal development and experimentation.
Online Computer Skills Accquistion Programme (CSAP)
The online CSAP promotes
Self-directed learners who:
– Are intrinsically motivated to learn.
– Take ownership of their own learning.
– Manage and monitor their learning independently.
– Explore and sustain their interests beyond the curriculum.
Connected learners who continually learn by:
– Collaborating with their peers, the community and the world.
– Connecting a range of online and offline information sources.
Digital learners who leverage technology for learning and can:
– Find, think, apply and digitally create.
– Navigate the digital space in a safe and responsible way.
P4 Code for Fun Programme
The Code for Fun Enrichment Programme (offered jointly by IMDA and MOE) is offered to all MOE primary and secondary schools.
The programme includes learning of computational thinking concepts using visual-based programming language, combining it with robotic kits and/or microcontrollers, to create an engaging coding experience for the students.
The Code for Fun Enrichment Programme aims to:
– Facilitate the exposure of a large base of students to coding and computational thinking; and
– Help build an entire generation of workforce who possess basic coding and computational thinking skills.